Monday, June 1, 2009

Flower Post Monday


Sorry it's been so long, I was on vacation last week, so I didn't have time to post to the blog. We went to Half Moon Bay (and Moss Beach) on the California Coast for a few days, and just relaxed at home the rest of the time.

This image is a thistle flower, taken right at the edge of a little road that leads to Pigeon Point Lighthouse, about 50 miles south of San Francisco, but before you get to Santa Cruz. The thistles were really beautiful, but hard to capture because it was very windy and they blow in the breeze. I love the pattern that the leaves make, and the combination of soft and spiky textures in the flower.

I have more pictures from this trip that I'll be posting on the blog, and maybe offering on Etsy as prints, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I recently received the "Lovely Blog Award" and I was asked to pass the award on to sites that I feel are deserving (choose other sites I love and link to them on my blog). I choose you because your blog is really great and I am in love with your pictures!

    ReplyDelete