Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Home Idea Wednesday

I can't believe it took me this long to figure out a Wednesday theme. I'm mildly (moderately?) addicted to Apartment Therapy blog, and since, in theory, the fiance and I are going to buy a house sometime this year, I thought it would be great to use Wednesdays to post some great resource or new product for the modern home.

*The Living Wall* or vertical garden, as it's sometimes called, has been popping up in a lot of design and home blogs lately. I love the idea, and although I'd love for people to buy my nature prints to put on their walls, I'd also be happy if my prints were neighbors of these living walls. The idea is simple - you get a shallow, large container that can be hung on a wall (or some type of shelf system - I've seen that, too), and fill it with plants that can be securely attached to the container or shelf. I bet it would be great in a bathroom or entryway. I would love to do it with lots of small succulents, or ferns. Definitely going to try it when we get our own house.

Apartment Therapy vertical garden post
Apartment Therapy Living Wall post
WikiHow "Make a Living Wall"
Shelterrific Living Wall post
Living Wall Photo Gallery

Also check out this Etsy Seller's variation on the living wall, the living wreath. Really pretty!


Living Succulent Wreath, by SucculentDesigns

No comments:

Post a Comment